PaPE 2021 is organized as a fully virtual event and will be held via Zoom.
All talks will be live-streamed online for public viewing. In order to actively participate in the discussions and in the poster sessions, a unique registration is required.
Oral presentations will be presented live using Zoom. Poster presentations will take place in breakout rooms specially organized according to the topic, so that posters of the same area will be briefly presented with pre-recorded videos followed by a question and discussion period. Please see additional information regarding poster presentations below. Regular workshops will also take place simultaneously in different breakout rooms, preceded by a special workshop in honour of Bob Ladd.
Information about Poster Presentations
The poster session will take place in Zoom in a series of parallel break-out rooms. These parallel break-out rooms have been grouped together thematically, so that attendees may attend a single thematic poster session or move between poster sessions to see the posters that interest them.
- Poster Session I (Monday June 21st – 14h20-15h20)
- A- SLA: Suprasegmental Features
- B- Phonetics and Phonology: Articulation/Acoustics & Phenomena
- C- Prosody: Information Structure
- Poster Session II (Tuesday, June 22nd – 10h20-11h20)
- A- SLA: Vowel Training & Pronunciation Instruction
- B- Prosodic Structure, Discourse & Pragmatics
- C- Sound Change and Language Contact
- Poster Session III (Tuesday, June 22nd – 14h20-15h40)
- A- SLA: Acquisition of Vowels & Consonants
- B- Tone, Intonation, Rhythm & Stress
- C- Phonological Processes
- D- Prosodic Cues and Questions
Papers that have been accepted as a poster will be presented in the poster session in the form of a pre-recorded 3-minute flash talk. Each paper is assigned a specific 3-minute time slot for their presentation and is followed by a short 3-minute Q&A session. This allows for attendees to ask one or two questions to the presenter, and also gives the opportunity for attendees to change rooms if they so desire. For this reason, we ask that poster presenters be present in their poster session at the time of their presentation and Q&A session.
Each poster session is followed by a coffee break, where attendees may further interact with poster presenters.
Preparing your pre-recorded presentation
- Detailed guidelines (PDF)
Please use standard video and audio recording technology to ensure the video is of excellent quality in terms of sound and image.
Common ways for recording presentations include using:
We kindly ask that the pre-recorded presentations:
- Respect the 3-minute time limit
- Include the name and dates of the conference among the details on your Title slide
- Once you are satisfied with your recording, please email your video to moc.s1642536281oserg1642536281nocae1642536281rc@or1642536281erreh1642536281aglo1642536281 with “PAPE2021-VIDEO” in the subject line.
- Please ensure your video is sent by June 11th, 2021
- Note that your video must meet the following technical requirements:
- File type: mp4
- Maximum file size: 500MB
- Maximum length: 3 minutes (we reserve the right to trim presentations where necessary)